Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Manhatten flower card and Bird punch card.




Hi, thought I would make a nice new card using the manhatten embossing folder I just bought. I think it is so pretty and really love it. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with the card was - the words are not straight - and that is becos when I placed it on the wooden block, I did not place it straight, so everytime I use it, it is crooked, so will have to take it off and place it correctly, but otherwise like the way it turned out. What do you think?


The other card, is a sketch I have made before using the bird punch, but loved the sketch, so used it again, using different cardstock and ribbon etc., I have lots of birds cut out for me by Jessica, my friend in Oz, so it was great to have one that matched the DSP I used.


Hope you are all keeping warm, we have having beautiful clear days, but freezing temperatures and frosts and the snow is well down on our Mt Egmont/Taranaki.


Take care and love and thoughts to Jessica who is not long from giving birth to her baby,


Rel xx

2 comments:

Jacqui J Creative Today said...

These are both really nice cards,you can't even notice the words not being straight as they are a fancy font anyway so looks just fine and artistic.... looks like it should be like that, seriously cannot notice at all! Like what you have done with the manhattan embossing folder, really looks good with the chalking. I must try that with my reinkers.... And of course I love the birdie card.... he is cute wearing a button and bow! Give the mojo a try, I really liked the sketch this week..... look forward to seeing more of your creations soon :-)

Jessica Theodore said...

They're both beautiful Rel :) I borrowed a stamp from a friend with a birthday sentiment and it's not stuck on straight either so it always takes me two goes when I use it lol
I ordered a new Stampin' up catalog can't wait to see whats inside!
Hope you're keeping well, and thanks for your warm wishes, only 1 week until due date now... but any day now is fine with me!
Take care xx