Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mojo Monday 87

Hi, it's been ages since I have blogged, but have been really busy painting the stairwell and hall, which was a yucky pale green, so is now the same as the rest of the house which is a lovely "sisal" colour. Looks so much better and has been fun seeing the progress as the green colour disappeared. Grant has been re-building our linen cupboard and it looks fabulous. I now have plenty of shelves and a cool sliding door. Can't wait for the carpet to be laid next week and the place will look like new.
Needed a break from all the painting, so decided some card making was very much needed, so snuck out while leaving Grant to do some painting and made the Mojo challenge this week, love the layout of this one and really love this set. It is so versatile and has so many lovely stamps for many occasions, again it is a shame it is a retired one, but I still love it. I used grey card for the base color which is a first for me, I am not a grey fan, but after being at a class at Michelle, where we made an awesome card using the upsy daisy set, I loved it so much, had to order some, but this was one sheet I had from scrapbooking fever... I like stampin up color of grey much better is not so dark. The other colors I used were: barely banana, bashful blue ( a favourite) and a tiny bit of close to cocoa.
Thank you so much to those of you who are looking at my blog and making nice comments, I really appreciate it and get so excited to see a new comment.
We are both excited our big boy Brad comes home tomorrow from working in OZ so will be neat to see him, tho gather he will could be working away again in Taupo, so time will tell.
Bye for now and hopefully it won't be so long before I blog again. Rel

2 comments:

Jacqui J Creative Today said...

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Rel, you are so clever!That border punch looks lovely too, wish I had that one! Glad you are enjoying your home improvements - Your home is beautiful and doesn't need any improvements but I know what you mean about yucky paint colours, I hate my carpet!

Jacqui J Creative Today said...

Thanks for all the comments on my blog, you must have been up late after your choir practice..... Someone is selling stem silhouettes on trademe, bidding is up to $25... just thought I'd let you know seeing you really liked it.. May be worth keeping an eye on... Keep up the good work on your cards, they are looking good, definately think the mojo monday has given us our mojo! LOL!